Saturday 8 December 2012

Pilsen dreaming

I love the Czech Republic, love the cities, love the countryside, love the people and naturally adore the beers produced over there. I seem to have visited quite a lot in the last couple of years and produced a fair few stories: this is the latest one, on Pilsen (the entrance to Pilsner Urquell, right), which appears in today’s Daily Mail here. As the sun streams in through the window I wouldn’t mind taking myself off to Klub Malych Pivovaru in the city to enjoy a couple of 12˚ pale lagers or heading out to the city limits to Purkmistr, where one of the best beer festivals in Europe happens every September. Instead I’m at home, but there is a bottle of Konrad’s 12˚ pale lager chilling in the  fridge. Let’s see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. 'I love the Czech Republic, love the cities, love the countryside, love the people and naturally adore the beers produced over there.'

    I know this feeling very, very well, and have some Pilsner Urquell and Staropramen in the fridge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to the Bohemian highlands in September — another totally different aspect of the country and fascinating in that it was part of the old Sudetenland and you get breweries like Breznak that still make a bock

    ReplyDelete